July 3, 2011

Dollar Store Birthday Banner

For my 6 year old's Tiki Tiki Pool Party I wanted to make some kind of birthday banner. I've seen SO MANY out there that my head was swimming with ideas. But I usually procrastinate or become TOTALLY overwhelmed with ideas that I end up doing NOTHING. Which almost happened this time too.

Supplies:
  • Hanging Decoration from Dollar Tree
  • Cricut or cut by hand
  • cardstock
  • twine
  • clothes pins
  • glue and scissors
I found this hanging decoration at the dollar tree and thought it was ok but maybe I could do something cuter with it. Then I thought about making a birthday banner and it totally hit me to use this!

1) Take decorations out and cut each piece so that it's separate.

2) Cut out letters for banner either on a cutting machine or by hand.

3) Glue the letters to the individual pieces in the way you like best. Let dry.

4) Take your twine (dollar tree!) and tie the ends up.

5) Attach pieces with clothes pins (dollar tree!) and you are DONE, son!

I absolutely LOVE how cute it came out! And she did too :)

Linking up to these parties!

Keeping It Simple






Photobucket
Confessions Of A Stay At Home Mommy

2 comments:

Confessions of a Stay at Home Mommy said...

What an amazing idea! I would love it if you would link up to my Tuesday Confessional link party going on now: http://www.craftyconfessions.com/2011/07/tuesday-confessional-link-up-2.html. I hope to see you soon!
~Macy from Confessions of a SAHM

btanders said...

VERY creative! I did a similar beachy party where I made a bunting of surfboards and make grass skirt decorations out of fringed brown paper bags (http://btanders.blogspot.com/2011/04/sufer-girl-birthday-party.html). Your method looks much faster though. Thanks for sharing!